Computed Tomography (CT)
Computed tomography (sometimes referred to as a “CAT” scan) uses a series of x-ray views taken from different angles of the body and computer processing to create cross-sectional images of bones and tissues. These images can generate three-dimensional images that can be viewed digitally, or printed. These images are cross-sectional and are patterned much like slices of bread. A CT scan will focus on the particular body part(s) your physician has requested.
CT scans has many uses, including:
- Diagnosing muscle and bone disorders (tumors and fractures)
- Detect and monitor cancers
- Diagnose and monitor heart disease
- Detect lung nodules
- Detect liver masses
- Monitor effectiveness of treatments
- Pinpoint tumor locations
- Find blood clots and infections
- Guide procedures like surgery and biopsy
CT scans are quick, and you can return to your normal routine after the scan. Servant Medical Imaging would love to take care of all of your radiology needs, and we offer CT scans at our Broken Arrow, Owasso, Stillwater, Norman, Yukon and Midwest City locations.